One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of code embedded in a digital image, video, or audio file in order to provide copyright information, typically being undetectable during normal use of the file.‘you might also consider adding a digital watermark to your photos, which renders them unusable for commercial purposes’
- ‘Whilst digital watermarks are intended to hold information such as copyright data, the techniques can also be used to embed hidden messages in digital objects.’
- ‘Each of the episodes contains a digital watermark, which has been blurred out on the versions now circulating online.’
- ‘The digital watermark is an inaudible signal that can be embedded into any kind of broadcast, both prerecorded and live.’
- ‘This type of digital watermark tracking puts you on the hook for anything that happens to your files.’
- ‘The program can also resize the images before the digital watermark is added.’
- ‘It only takes a few seconds to fire up the app, and the digital watermark usually runs throughout the ad, giving users plenty of time to engage.’
- ‘It allows you to overlay a visible digital watermark or a logo of your identity and edit copyright info to your images without losing your original metadata.’
- ‘The system uses digital watermarks, which are embedded into video as sonic alerts above the human hearing spectrum, to coordinate your tablet or phone with real-time TV content.’
- ‘Those episodes, however, were not in HD quality, and they had visible digital watermarks.’
- ‘Unwanted objects such as date time stamps, digital watermarks, image and text logos can be erased cleanly too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.