Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A 1998 US law intended to update copyright law for electronic commerce and electronic content providers. It criminalizes the circumvention of electronic and digital copyright protection systems.
- ‘Focusing on questions raised by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, speakers will discuss issues associated with continued access to copyrighted materials.’
- ‘Half a dozen defendants have been charged under copyright circumvention measures contained in the controversial Digital Millennium Copyright Act.’
- ‘The (DMCA) Digital Millennium Copyright Act clearly isn't enough for some people.’
- ‘They accused 321 of violating the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act.’
- ‘Let's all welcome the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to Australia, then.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.