Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Internet service that allows registered users to access music, movies, videos, photographs, games, and other multimedia files.
- ‘We are constantly exploring new options for downloading music to digital lockers, personalized radio, and bundling tracks on hand-held devices, to name a few.’
- ‘Under this system new technologies (like VCR's and MP3's) and new ideas (like video rental and digital lockers) enhance the consumer experience of the work, and ultimately it's value.’
- ‘Somewhere out there in cyber space a lot of empty digital lockers are gathering virtual dust.’
- ‘It provides digital rights management for marketing promotion, loyalty programs, digital lockers, and digital rights model.’
- ‘Previously, a series of one-time workshops on topics such as methods of teaching electronic keyboarding, managing student use of network-based portfolios and digital lockers, desktop publishing skills and best practices for guiding student online research may have added up to very little improvement in teaching practice.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.