Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A digital camera.
- ‘But you really won't mind that, after all it's one, if not the most important component in a digicam.’
- ‘That's why there are 8X10 view cameras as well as pocket digicams.’
- ‘What's wrong with my camera, and should I just buy a digicam instead?’
- ‘Let's hope that video clips will be occasional items in a blog and not, that in times to come, we will see hordes of people sitting in front of poorly focused digicams or webcams, droning on day after day!’
- ‘It's therefore my contention that with the exception of consumer digicams the future lies in full-frame SLRs, not ones with 1.5X or similar magnification factors.’
- ‘That is pretty good, considering that most shots I take with other compact digicams get blurry at two times that shutter speed.’
- ‘The digicam is backed with still and video capture code.’
- ‘For the unplanned slice-of-life and people photos that I like to make, small digicams are too slow to use and have mediocre viewfinders and too much depth of field, while digital SLRs are too big.’
- ‘There's also a 1.3 megapixel digicam with 4x digital zoom.’
- ‘I don't use any kind of camera at all, but I would like a digicam, just because.’
- ‘Typical consumer digicams fare somewhere in the lower middle of the pack and capture about 6-9 stops of detail, depending on the bit depth used in the digital capture process, the sensor size and a few other factors.’
- ‘This is truly the smallest digicam I've ever reviewed and weighs in as the smallest 2.1mp digital camera on the market.’
- ‘The level of detail outstrips many of the seven megapixel digicams on the market.’
- ‘The second thing I learned is that I probably need a telephoto lens for my digicam.’
- ‘My brain keeps telling me I'm using an SLR, not a digicam, so I want to use it like an SLR.’
- ‘It seems a basic concept but armed with laptops, mobiles and digicams the whole claims process can be addressed far more efficiently with our own software.’
- ‘I walked back to my room and came back with a digicam and took a few frames.’
- ‘The first bit of good news for the consumer is that 3-megapixel digicams now cost about the same as the earlier 2-megapixel ones.’
- ‘For prints 8x10 or larger, one should look for digicams with 4-megapixel resolution or higher.’
- ‘Nevertheless, with digicams getting some buzz for showing up on business-oriented cell phones and handheld devices, manufacturers are prompting professionals to consider going digital.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.