One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Advocating the theory of the dissemination of elements of culture to another region or people.‘the rural sociological literature of the diffusionist school’
- ‘Her theories are reminiscent of the diffusionist theories that argue that Native Americans were descended from the lost tribes of Israel, the Welsh, the Phoenicians, the Egyptians, and/or the Chinese.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the lack of such ethnography has not stopped scholars from attempting to explain away divination by placing it within evolutionist, diffusionist, ecological, or functionalist theories.’
- ‘Nonetheless, conceptions of Australian science have largely remained bound by the top-down perspective assumed by the diffusionist model.’
- ‘It implied a diffusionist view of history whereby high civilization was brought from the Fertile Crescent and then made its way down to the Lower Nile Valley by white or near-whites of the Caucasian family.’
- ‘In the same year, the Englishman William Rivers discarded evolutionism in favour of diffusionist theories to explain the historical spread of customs and belief systems.’
An advocate of the theory of the dissemination of elements of culture to another region or people.
- ‘He was a diffusionist, plain and simple.’
- ‘He was a ‘diffusionist’, and through his studies he attempted to illustrate how and why similar games appear in different cultures.’
- ‘Imaginative diffusionists used such similarities to speculate on the origins of the Maya.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.