Able to intermingle by diffusion.‘diffusible factors in the cytoplasm’
- ‘Thus, for example, it seems impossible for nerve terminals to store a significant amount of an unstable and highly diffusible gas like nitric oxide: it must be synthesized on demand and diffuse instantly into the synaptic space.’
- ‘Namely, the inactivator molecule has to be diffusible in its active state.’
- ‘By filtering the entry of cytosolic contents into each bead with the prehydrated dialysis membranes, only diffusible molecules below a certain size are permitted to enter the bead.’
- ‘In most cases the model assumes that the activated molecule is diffusible, and the washout occurs whenever the rate of diffusion exceeds rate of formation of the molecule.’
- ‘Recent studies have investigated the source and target neurons for the diffusible neuronal messenger molecule nitric oxide in the nervous system of the locust.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.