One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Diversity,’ in effect, has become a veil for positing the fundamental differentness of people based on their race or sex, rather than suggesting something altogether different - the removal of barriers that separate.’
- ‘Being treated as slaves or second-class citizens on the basis of a racist ideology, they opposed racist value judgements but accepted the essential differentness of races.’
- ‘We poor benighted left-handers, however, require tender, therapeutic care to deal with our differentness.’
- ‘In this view, feminine (or perhaps just nonmasculine) boys feel they are different from other, more masculine boys; these feelings of differentness lead to eroticization of other males.’
- ‘The differentness of ‘immigrated religions’ must therefore be accepted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.