Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or process of differentiating.‘packaging can be a source of product differentiation’
distinction, distinctness, disparity, polarity, contrast, difference, divergence, separation, demarcation, delimitationView synonyms
- ‘In the cambial zone, at least three patterns of cell differentiation can be distinguished.’
- ‘Having benefitted from my ‘married with children’ status for years, I honestly would not get too worked up if those differentiations were dropped and each taxpayer was taken as an individual, regardless of civil status.’
- ‘This is not just a question of making a space in which mankind could live, but of creating the differentiations which distinguish cosmos from chaos.’
- ‘There are two unfortunate consequences when making sharp differentiations between cyberspace and lived reality.’
- ‘But brands need to innovate in order to maintain differentiation and increase their audience.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.