One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of differentiating.‘packaging can be a source of product differentiation’
distinction, distinctness, disparity, polarity, contrast, difference, divergence, separation, demarcation, delimitationView synonyms
- ‘There are two unfortunate consequences when making sharp differentiations between cyberspace and lived reality.’
- ‘Having benefitted from my ‘married with children’ status for years, I honestly would not get too worked up if those differentiations were dropped and each taxpayer was taken as an individual, regardless of civil status.’
- ‘This is not just a question of making a space in which mankind could live, but of creating the differentiations which distinguish cosmos from chaos.’
- ‘In the cambial zone, at least three patterns of cell differentiation can be distinguished.’
- ‘But brands need to innovate in order to maintain differentiation and increase their audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.