Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for del
- ‘He showed how to extend Laplace's series to give a perturbing function in the case of elliptical orbits by introducing differential operators which act on the Laplace coefficients.’
- ‘In these papers a special role is played by expansions in terms of the eigenfunctions of linear differential operators.’
- ‘And we all know that the Laplacian operator is by far the most important differential operator in Mathematical Physics.’
- ‘He used what he called the ‘fluxio-differential’ method, so called because it used two independent first-order Leibniz type differential operators.’
- ‘Formal properties of differential operators are studied in many of his contributions, in particular in his early papers he worked on commuting differential operators.’
differential operator/ˈˌdifəˈren(t)SHəl ˈäpəˌrādər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.