One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for del
- ‘Formal properties of differential operators are studied in many of his contributions, in particular in his early papers he worked on commuting differential operators.’
- ‘He showed how to extend Laplace's series to give a perturbing function in the case of elliptical orbits by introducing differential operators which act on the Laplace coefficients.’
- ‘And we all know that the Laplacian operator is by far the most important differential operator in Mathematical Physics.’
- ‘In these papers a special role is played by expansions in terms of the eigenfunctions of linear differential operators.’
- ‘He used what he called the ‘fluxio-differential’ method, so called because it used two independent first-order Leibniz type differential operators.’
differential operator/ˈˌdifəˈren(t)SHəl ˈäpəˌrādər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.