Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An equation involving derivatives of a function or functions.
- ‘He then wrote on algebraic functions, differential equations and complex analysis.’
- ‘What is also fascinating is that the different types of solution of the quadratic equation lead to quite different solutions of the differential equation.’
- ‘We can make this description more mathematical by formulating a differential equation for the proportion of individuals in each class (the equations are shown at the end of the article).’
- ‘He summed series, and discovered addition theorems for trigonometric and hyperbolic functions using the differential equations they satisfy.’
- ‘Many of these mathematicians turned to other topics such as topology, differential equations, and functions of a complex variable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.