Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of differentiating between two or more conditions that share similar signs or symptoms.
- ‘The differential diagnosis on a biopsy included adenoid cystic carcinoma and basal cell adenoma.’
- ‘Aneurysmal bone cyst should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a laryngeal lesion containing giant cells.’
- ‘These questions pursue whether the autopsy provided clarification of differential diagnoses, confirmed major diagnoses, and provided information about treatment effects.’
- ‘These tumors are rare, but clinically should be considered in the differential diagnoses of cervical lesions.’
- ‘In conclusion, the differential diagnosis in renal allograft biopsy is quite broad.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.