The process of differentiating between two or more conditions that share similar signs or symptoms.
- ‘The differential diagnosis on a biopsy included adenoid cystic carcinoma and basal cell adenoma.’
- ‘Aneurysmal bone cyst should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a laryngeal lesion containing giant cells.’
- ‘These questions pursue whether the autopsy provided clarification of differential diagnoses, confirmed major diagnoses, and provided information about treatment effects.’
- ‘These tumors are rare, but clinically should be considered in the differential diagnoses of cervical lesions.’
- ‘In conclusion, the differential diagnosis in renal allograft biopsy is quite broad.’