Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of differentiating between two or more conditions which share similar signs or symptoms.
- ‘Aneurysmal bone cyst should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a laryngeal lesion containing giant cells.’
- ‘These questions pursue whether the autopsy provided clarification of differential diagnoses, confirmed major diagnoses, and provided information about treatment effects.’
- ‘In conclusion, the differential diagnosis in renal allograft biopsy is quite broad.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis on a biopsy included adenoid cystic carcinoma and basal cell adenoma.’
- ‘These tumors are rare, but clinically should be considered in the differential diagnoses of cervical lesions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.