One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A branch of mathematics concerned with the determination, properties, and application of derivatives and differentials.Compare with integral calculus
- ‘In his last years he worked on a new absolute differential calculus and a geometry of Hilbert spaces.’
- ‘The Academy sought the best article on the theory of the mathematical infinity and they designed the competition to encourage mathematicians to seek a sound basis for the new differential calculus.’
- ‘I seemed to hit the limits of my mathematical abilities after differential calculus in 1986, my first year of university.’
- ‘Hindu science made great advances in astronomy, mathematics in general (including differential calculus and trigonometry) and the development of ‘arabic’ numerals.’
- ‘Not all were captivated by the application of differential calculus to human activity (inclusive even of marriage and procreation).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.