Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expert on diet and nutrition.
- ‘For optimal care, a registered dietitian should perform nutrition evaluation and follow-up.’
- ‘The contributions of clinical nurse specialists, speech and language therapists, dieticians, and prosthetics technicians are indispensable to optimal outcome.’
- ‘We also appreciate the support of the physicians, dietitians, respiratory therapists, and nurses in the intensive care units.’
- ‘Nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians and health educators play a valuable role in patient education.’
- ‘All programs have registered nurses and many have physical therapists, exercise physiologists, registered dietitians, occupational therapists and psychologists.’
- ‘Many eating disorder psychotherapists, dieticians and medical doctors are part of a world-wide information-sharing network.’
- ‘A dietician and cardiac physical therapist will see you during your hospital stay.’
- ‘A team of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, psychologists and dieticians will be on hand to closely monitor all the volunteers throughout.’
- ‘Family physicians should be able to team up with nurse practitioners, dieticians and other health experts to offer a wider range of services.’
- ‘Nurse practitioners, doctors, dieticians and midwives can recommend people for the supplement.’
- ‘Such a diet is a challenge to patients, dietitians, and physicians, but books of recipes help.’
- ‘Many people with Down's Syndrome benefit from specialised education, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and a dietician.’
- ‘Patients will have access to interdisciplinary teams of health care professionals, which may include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dieticians and other health care providers.’
- ‘He recommended that the whole family learn about the components of a healthy diet and made a referral to the dietitian.’
- ‘Why shouldn't we see a future of public-private partnerships where supermarket nutritionists work with NHS dietitians and patients to help improve eating habits and culinary skills?’
- ‘If you have concerns specific to your child's diet, talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian.’
- ‘The hospital dietician or specialist cardiac nurse can provide dietary advice.’
- ‘Specifically targeting children aged between ten and 15 years old, overweight children will be referred on to the new trial project by doctors, practice nurses, dieticians, health visitors and school nurses.’
- ‘The clinic dietitian can give you information about improving your diet.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.