One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for stilbestrol
- ‘Farmers have given the synthetic hormone diethylstilbestrol to cattle, effectively chemically castrating male animals.’
- ‘They were compared with diethylstilboestrol, a steroidal oestrogen, as a positive control.’
- ‘In the 1940s and 1950s, another estrogen, diethylstilbestrol, was widely given to Western women early in their pregnancies in a misguided attempt to prevent miscarriage.’
- ‘Ongoing epidemiological studies suggest a slightly increased threat of breast cancer in women exposed to synthetic diethylstilbestrol.’
- ‘For example, a small number of women who were exposed prenatally to diethylstilbestrol, a synthetic estrogenic drug, developed vaginal cancer as young girls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.