One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of knowledge concerned with the diet and its effects on health, especially with the practical application of a scientific understanding of nutrition.
- ‘A definition is needed to facilitate clear communication of the concepts inherent in a client-centred approach and to guide its implementation and advancement in dietetics.’
- ‘I am grateful for the institutions we have in Canada to advocate for, regulate, manage and support the field of nutrition and dietetics.’
- ‘They also felt that nutrition and dietetics would have greater credibility in health care if practice were based more strongly on research.’
- ‘Andrea is passionate about weight-related issues, women's health, food security, and the practice of dietetics.’
- ‘I think we should provide increased opportunities within clinical dietetics for career laddering, and not just necessarily as a way up and out of clinical dietetics.’
- ‘All of us have been affected by the contributions that she has made to the development of professional standards for the practice of dietetics in Canada.’
- ‘I would learn all the secrets of dietetics, while growing into a well-respected health care professional.’
- ‘In the nineteenth century, the new science of dietetics began to elaborate basic nutritional standards.’
- ‘Her career goals include working in diabetes education, although she is interested in all areas of clinical dietetics.’
- ‘I had a passion for nutrition, but did not know enough about the role of dietitians to determine if I also had a passion for dietetics.’
- ‘With the downsizing of hospitals, I was less certain about a future in clinical dietetics.’
- ‘Let's continue the dialogue about population health and dietetics in Practice.’
- ‘Should we always accept positions that involve solely nutrition and dietetics, or might that restrict our practice?’
- ‘These terms relate to the application of psychological theories in the practice of dietetics.’
- ‘The latest report on the rising incidence of obesity in Canada will have a significant impact on the practice of dietetics.’
- ‘Research offers an exciting future for dietetics, as there are many practice-based questions to explore.’
- ‘Initially there were mixed feelings in the department, but this was an exciting opportunity to impact the future of dietetics.’
- ‘As with any specialty practice area, gaining competence in renal dietetics takes time and effort.’
- ‘Her interests within dietetics include diabetes care, oncology, and vegetarian nutrition.’
- ‘Clinical dietetics is an evolving profession and we need to envision where we are headed.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.