One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of food) high in calories; fattening.‘a diet-busting chocolate sandwich’‘diet-busting recipes’
- ‘Pies don't have to be calorie-laden and diet-busting.’
- ‘You know the party will have oodles of excellent, diet-busting food.’
- ‘Corporations would be embarrassed to list sky-high calorie counts for their diet-busting sandwiches and other items.’
- ‘Winter is coming—that diet-busting, spare-tire-inflating season that brings us Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year's Eve.’
- ‘I only came down occasionally for more diet-busting goodies.’
- ‘A huge holiday meal tends to hang around the house long after the holidays are over in the form of delicious—but diet-busting—leftovers.’
- ‘Alanna discovers how to avoid certain cravings and diet-busting foods in order to choose a healthier option.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.