A quantity measuring the ability of a substance to store electrical energy in an electric field.
- ‘A receiver then records the reflected energy returned from interfaces between materials with differing conductivity or dielectric constants.’
- ‘This polarization effect can lead to a situation where water cannot be treated as a simple, homogenous, dielectric continuum with a dielectric constant of 80.’
- ‘A distance-dependent dielectric constant was used for electrostatic interactions.’
- ‘On the other hand, a side-wall spacer on an outer side is made of a silicon-dioxide film, which is a dielectric having a small dielectric constant.’
- ‘We show that the boundary and its curvature are the crucial factors in determining how an ion's potential energy depends on the dielectric constants near an interface.’