1A method of embossing paper or another surface using a die.
- ‘There is jewelry incorporating hair, enamel, engraving, casting, and die-stamping, as well as objects made from unusual materials such as tortoiseshell, wood, and vulcanite.’
- ‘Kozuka style handles, produced for export in the Meiji period, were more cheaply made and were decorated in relief on both sides, the design usually being created by a form of manual die-stamping.’
- ‘This problem also existed on items produced by seaming and die-stamping.’
- ‘Their relief decoration, which is the same on each side of the handle, was made by manual die-stamping, as described in the appendix, not by casting.’
- ‘Techniques of engraving, casting, and die-stamping usually associated with silver are also employed in jewelry making.’
- 1.1 A method of printing using an inked die to produce raised print.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.