One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug which inhibits the replication of HIV and is used in the treatment of AIDS, especially in combination with zidovudine. It is a synthetic analog of a pyrimidine nucleoside.
- ‘The CNS distribution of ddC is similar to that of ddI in humans.’
- ‘‘Coined’ abbreviations such as HCTZ, AZT, T3, PCN, U, and ddC are not acceptable medical abbreviations, may be misinterpreted, and may cause drug errors.’
- ‘The DNA was treated with 500 units of terminal transferase (Boehringer Mannheim, Indianapolis) in the presence of ddC according to manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘Acyclovir and ddC were used as a positive control of HSV and ADV, respectively.’
- ‘We depleted NT2 cells of their endogenous mtDNA by prolonged treatment with dideoxycytidine, thus creating the desired line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.