One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveEntomology
- ‘Diplopods were predominant in biomass owing to the their large size, but spiders still constituted 27.8% of the total biomass, followed by coleopterans, dictyopterans, and scorpionids.’
- ‘All are predatory, but the type of prey ranges from spiders to various dictyopterans or orthopteroids to caterpillars (of either Lepidoptera or other Hymenoptera).’
- ‘In addition, he found that since 1988 another 40 males pheromones attractive to females species were identified; 18 coleopterans, 12 dipterans, 7 hemipterans, 2 lepidopterans and 1 dictyopteran.’
- ‘In the dictyopterans species, however, intermediate features of granulocytes and spherulocytes led them to hypothesize a developmental relationship between both, as postulated by Gupta.’
- ‘The Insect House - at work, amidst the dictyopteran vistas and rows of captive orthoptera, where I sweep the floors, change the light bulbs, hold open the refuse sacks that the two curators fill with the detritus of insect life - this was where it all started.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.