One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For much of that time he enjoyed overwhelming support in both parliament and in the country, and acted almost dictatorially.’
- ‘At the outbreak of war with Austria in April 1859 Cavour extracted from parliament authority for the King to rule dictatorially for a year.’
- ‘For a few years he ruled dictatorially, keeping the workers quiet with Germany's first social security laws.’
- ‘A president may act dictatorially as did Lincoln, Wilson, and FDR - ideally under the sanction of law in a constitutional dictatorship - without temporary crisis arrangements becoming lasting peacetime institutions.’
- ‘They lecture on about democracy, but they act dictatorially, and they do not tolerate any difference of opinion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.