One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for dicotyledon
- ‘For herbaceous dicots and small woody shrubs we have used the same phenology as that for monocots.’
- ‘Conifers resemble monocots rather than dicots in leaf development.’
- ‘Many proteins with similar properties have since been isolated from tobacco and other plant species, both dicots and monocots.’
- ‘The checklist is divided into the following categories: ferns, gymnosperms, dicots, and monocots.’
- ‘In a number of angiosperm species, mostly dicots, the endosperm is a transient structure that may be absorbed in the later stages of seed development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.