One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(typically in an animal species) the occurrence of two different kinds of coloring.
- ‘Extrapair paternity has been reported to be strongly positively associated with sexual dichromatism.’
- ‘In no case did we find a significant interaction between sexual dichromatism and year.’
- ‘One of the most conspicuous ornamental traits in avian sexual dichromatism is carotenoid-based plumage coloration.’
- ‘Sex of each chick at six weeks of age was recorded, when sexual plumage dichromatism became unambiguous.’
- ‘Collection of the goldfinches took place when plumage dichromatism between males and females is subtle.’
2Color-blindness in which only two of the three primary colors can be discerned.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.