One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because you - the readers, the slicers, dicers and copiers - hold in your collective action the secret of the future of publishing.’
- ‘I must have been that close to buying the miracle vegetable chopper, slicer and dicer that does a whole onion in less than five seconds.’
- ‘It's a Chef's Pal, it's a dicer, grater, peeler all in one, never needs sharpening and it's dishwasher safe.’
- ‘Bacteria are exemplary genetic engineers: splicers and dicers and mergers of genomes par excellence.’
- ‘‘All around,’ Kermode comments, ‘were cardsharps and dicers, con men and money-lenders, roaring boys and roaring girls.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.