One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A poisonous, reactive gas made by the action of acids on some borides. It is the simplest of the boranes and is an example of electron-deficient bonding.
- ‘The similarity between the electronic structures of ethylene and diborane is well known.’
- ‘Chronic exposure to low concentrations of diborane may cause headache, light-headedness, fatigue, weakness in the muscles, and tremors.’
- ‘The reaction enthalpy at 298 K for the dissociation of diborane will be calculated with these methods and the resulting theoretical values for DH diss will be compared with experimental values.’
- ‘The reactions of diborane and its alkyl- and aryl-derivatives with indefinite compounds are also analyzed.’
- ‘Using the 500 MHz radio frequency and optimizing the other parameters, we have proved experimentally that the component of the hydrogen ions becomes less than 0.1% with respect to the diborane ions’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.