One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A copying or coloring process using a diazo compound decomposed by ultraviolet light.as modifier ‘diazo printers’
- ‘The fizzing is the diazo group breaking down, with nitrogen gas being given off as the compound reacts.’
- ‘These are thought to be formed by the release of nitrogen gas during the photolysis of the diazo group.’
- ‘These man-made compounds have a ring of six carbons (the benzo part) joined to a 7-member ring with 5 carbons and 2 nitrogens indicated by diazo.’
- ‘It is a prodrug in which 5-aminosalicylic acid is linked via a diazo bond to 4-aminobenzoyl- alanine, an inert and biologically inactive carrier molecule.’
- ‘It is ironic that the human eye, but not the Hitachi 917, can easily distinguish the pink color of the genuine diazo reaction from the white turbidity of the precipitate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.