Consisting of two atoms.
- ‘However, many elements appear as diatomic molecules, as a result of attraction between individual atoms.’
- ‘A covalent compound is held together by covalent bonds (a covalent bond holds two atoms together to create diatomic molecules, such as H 2 or N 2.’
- ‘In a covalent diatomic molecule, a difference in the electronegativity of the atoms will result in a dipole moment.’
- ‘Many elements ordinarily occur as diatomic molecules, or molecules consisting of two atoms chemically bonded.’
- ‘With these diatomic molecules, there is an Avogadro's number of diatomic molecules in the amount of gas that is equivalent to the relative molecular mass.’