One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The flight lasted eight hours, and the sick crew managed to confine their sickness and diarrhoeal episodes to the plane's toilets.’
- ‘Other diagnoses included diarrhoeal disease, dengue fever, typhoid, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, brucellosis, acute myeloid leukaemia, and infectious mononucleosis.’
- ‘The report describes how all major infectious diseases including tuberculosis, malaria, AIDS, pneumonia, and diarrhoeal diseases are slowly becoming resistant to existing drugs.’
- ‘Siti said babies and children were most vulnerable to lung infections, malaria, diarrheal diseases, cholera and measles, which usually emerge after floods.’
- ‘Cholera is an acute diarrheal disease endemic to Africa, Asia, and Latin America.’
- ‘The high frequency of Mtz resistance in Indian H. pylori may reflect widespread and often indiscriminate use of Mtz in self-medication against parasitic infections and often minor diarrhoeal illness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.