One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme of the flavoprotein type, able to oxidize a reduced form of the coenzyme NAD.
- ‘Active enzyme systems not consistently resolved for this species were: ACO, adenylate kinase, diaphorase, EST, G - 6 - PDH, GSR, IDH, and PGI.’
- ‘We found that the morphology of the primary myenteric plexus meshwork, when stained with NADPH diaphorase and nNOS, was very similar in colon and appendix in the newborn period.’
- ‘The monomorphic loci were: isocitrate-dehydrogenase, diaphorase (E.C.1.6.99.-, loci Dia1 and Dia2), leucine aminopeptidase and peroxidase anodic.’
- ‘In one of these species, for the most numerous caudal cluster in the reticular formation, NADPH diaphorase labels a dorsal sub-group in Xenopus which is thought to correspond to a well-described GABAergic population, the mhr neurons.’
- ‘Neither the antennal nerve nor the tracts that carry the axons of projection neurons show diaphorase activity.’
1930s: from Greek diaphoros ‘different’ + -ase.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.