Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of a baby's skin caused by prolonged contact with a damp diaper.
- ‘If your baby has a diaper rash and also has a fever or seems sick, you should see your doctor.’
- ‘Call your doctor if your baby has a diaper rash that does not go away after 1 or 2 days.’
- ‘It may also affect the diaper area and look like a diaper rash.’
- ‘In healthy newborns, the most common form of this infection is a diaper rash.’
- ‘Infection with candida fungus can lead to problems such as diaper rash, vaginal yeast infections and oral thrush.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.