Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A carpet python of a race occurring in the coastal areas of New South Wales.
- ‘Consequently, as shown above, all the diamond pythons we are keeping and breeding now originate from the Gosford area.’
- ‘The diamond python is found along the southeastern coastal region of Australia.’
- ‘My ex used to joke that I was the only woman he knew who'd rather have a diamond python than a diamond necklace.’
- ‘In the 1981 Sydney performance, gold nuggets, a gold boomerang, and a live diamond python rested on the table.’
- ‘In spring, female diamond pythons may attract several males all vying for the opportunity to mate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.