Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diamond-shaped design that is stamped into metal to give it industrial strength.
- ‘‘If I had my druthers, I would have used something else,’ he says, such as durable aluminum diamond plate or Hardiplank fiber cement panels.’
- ‘The bar is unusual in and of itself not only because of it's 100’ length but also because of its copper top and diamond plate steel front - this one was Karen's dream!’
- ‘The floor is specified to be steel diamond plate, so it is very sturdy.’
- ‘To further increase the size of the crystals, the Carnegie researchers grew gem-quality diamonds sequentially on the 6 faces of a substrate diamond plate with the CVD process.’
- ‘Weatherby's Magnum Gun cases and Travel Lockers are made of Brite-Tread aluminum with raised diamond plate checkering.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.