One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Cut with facets like a diamond.
- ‘Armed with scores of dollar-store, diamond-cut disco balls and enough bit-shifting to make you question your own ears, Montreal band AOTY introduce themselves with this ambitious debut LP.’
- ‘Dumisani placed his words together to create diamond-cut meaning.’
- ‘They have a diamond-cut, polished-metal finish which is not the type that can easily be touched up.’
- ‘Soon comes the moment of truth, as the Destillermeister reaches into the potstill with a diamond-cut quartz dipper clutched in his tong-hand.’
- ‘Each individual item follows the same general pattern - plain black crystal with a band of intricate diamond-cut facets about a quarter of the way down the object.’
- ‘Despite such a diamond-cut screenplay and cast, Crowley found crossing the chasm from theatre a leap almost too great to make.’
- ‘The classic sporter configuration has a drop comb, smooth cheek-piece, raised diamond-cut checkering and Schnabel forend.’
- ‘It is lined with non-slip diamond-cut neoprene for stability.’
- ‘The 306 ST comes with a new bumper design in the same color as the car, diamond-cut headlights, titanium dashboard panel and tinted glass.’
- ‘The event was opened by former Swedish National Ski Team member and the 1993 Miss Sweden, Victoria Silvstedt, the Playboy 1997 Playmate of the Year, who was wearing a bra featuring 7,500 diamond-cut crystals, all hand sewn.’
2Cut into the shape of a diamond.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.