Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound whose molecule contains two amino groups, especially when not part of amide groups.
- ‘Condensation polymers are usually formed between dibasic organic acids and dihydroxyalcohols or diamines.’
- ‘Of all markers used, only high iron diamine / Alcian blue pH 2.5 and Alcian blue pH 0.5 were positive in the early carcinoma.’
- ‘The early intestinal-type carcinoma was negative for CDlO, MUC2, and MUC5AC but intensely positive for high iron diamine / AB pH 2.5 and for AB pH 0.5.’
- ‘Biological monitoring of isocyanate is possible using albumin adducts and their corresponding diamines in plasma and urine.’
- ‘First, under normal conditions, dietary histamine is degraded in the intestine by mucosal diamine oxidase enzyme; this prevents histamine's entry into the circulation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.