One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(with reference to opposition) completely; directly.as submodifier ‘two diametrically opposed viewpoints’
directly, absolutely, completely, utterlyView synonyms
- ‘So people who were completely diametrically opposed in their views and their perceptions about a situation were brought together.’
- ‘But they draw diametrically opposed conclusions as to the meaning of this link.’
- ‘This is a key point, since there is the potential for diametrically opposed viewpoints on park usage between these two groups.’
- ‘The agendas of science and the animal rights lobby are diametrically opposed.’
- ‘Sometimes we are diametrically opposed to each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.