One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(with reference to opposition) completely; directly.as submodifier ‘two diametrically opposed viewpoints’
directly, absolutely, completely, utterlyView synonyms
- ‘The agendas of science and the animal rights lobby are diametrically opposed.’
- ‘So people who were completely diametrically opposed in their views and their perceptions about a situation were brought together.’
- ‘But they draw diametrically opposed conclusions as to the meaning of this link.’
- ‘Sometimes we are diametrically opposed to each other.’
- ‘This is a key point, since there is the potential for diametrically opposed viewpoints on park usage between these two groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.