One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clearly, there is a diametric difference of opinion as to whether the handling of the BTC sale conformed to the law, with the Government and the would-be buyers insisting that it did, and their detractors insisting that it did not.’
- ‘He is conscious that at the moment the British press have warmed to him, intrigued by the diametric polarities between his personality and Trevor's.’
- ‘They actually contrast, in fact they are diametric opposites.’
- ‘Alex is almost the diametric opposite of Kylie.’
- ‘And of course, in this sense, the Socrates story is the diametric opposite of the Croesus story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.