One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Alex is almost the diametric opposite of Kylie.’
- ‘He is conscious that at the moment the British press have warmed to him, intrigued by the diametric polarities between his personality and Trevor's.’
- ‘And of course, in this sense, the Socrates story is the diametric opposite of the Croesus story.’
- ‘They actually contrast, in fact they are diametric opposites.’
- ‘Clearly, there is a diametric difference of opinion as to whether the handling of the BTC sale conformed to the law, with the Government and the would-be buyers insisting that it did, and their detractors insisting that it did not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.