One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use in a text of different tones or viewpoints, whose interaction or contradiction is important to the text's interpretation.
- ‘For postmodern writers such as Markson, dialogism between various forms of writing, belonging to as many forms of genre, is a way of individualizing one's own style precisely as text.’
- ‘My concept of intertextuality thus goes back to Bakhtin's dialogism and Barthes' text theory.’
- ‘This essay will explore how In the Time of the Butterflies coincides strongly with the Russian philosopher's discussions of the genetic characteristics, polyphonic discourse, and dialogism of the novel.’
- ‘I had previously taught this course as a kind of ‘dialogue of theories,’ which reflects my commitment to the Bakhtinian notion of dialogism as the most credible way to view knowledge-making in any field.’
- ‘Toward this end, Fast proposes a poetics of relationality grounded in ideas of dialogue and dialogism, concepts she borrows from Russian theorist M. M. Bakhtin.’
Mid 16th century: from late Latin dialogismos, from Greek dialogizesthai ‘to converse’, from dialogos ‘discourse’ (see dialogue).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.