Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small area on screen, in which the user is prompted to provide information or select commands.
- ‘The code displays a dialog box that lets the user choose which edits to accept or reject.’
- ‘Any users who get the unexpected prompt may dismiss the dialogue box and continue working.’
- ‘The print dialog box provides several additional options including image scaling, pagination, paper orientation and print color.’
- ‘This tip was written in Visual LISP and includes a dialog box to select the symbols you want to use.’
- ‘He said that every time he tried to type in the information in the config dialog box nothing would show up.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.