Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small area on screen, in which the user is prompted to provide information or select commands.
- ‘He said that every time he tried to type in the information in the config dialog box nothing would show up.’
- ‘The print dialog box provides several additional options including image scaling, pagination, paper orientation and print color.’
- ‘The code displays a dialog box that lets the user choose which edits to accept or reject.’
- ‘This tip was written in Visual LISP and includes a dialog box to select the symbols you want to use.’
- ‘Any users who get the unexpected prompt may dismiss the dialogue box and continue working.’
dialog box/ˈdīəlôɡ bäks/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.