Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of or in the form of a diagram.‘a diagrammatic representation of the system’
graphic, graphical, tabular, pictorial, delineative, illustrative, representational, representative, schematicView synonyms
- ‘One would not suspect an engineering background behind his mature work; the only point at which it exerted some influence was in his careful and expert draughtsmanship and his preference for diagrammatic representation.’
- ‘What took decades of research to discover can now be illustrated and understood from a simple diagrammatic illustration of DNA and the way it is translated.’
- ‘Venn extended Boole's mathematical logic and is best known to mathematicians and logicians for his diagrammatic way of representing sets, and their unions and intersections.’
- ‘A model can be developed as a diagrammatic representation of the generic or core competencies required for the company to create the ‘ideal employee’ or ideal set of employees.’
- ‘A diagrammatic illustration of the reactions described in equations 1 through 4, as they occur in muscle, is shown below.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.