One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or in the form of a diagram.‘a diagrammatic representation of the system’
graphic, graphical, tabular, pictorial, delineative, illustrative, representational, representative, schematicView synonyms
- ‘Venn extended Boole's mathematical logic and is best known to mathematicians and logicians for his diagrammatic way of representing sets, and their unions and intersections.’
- ‘A diagrammatic illustration of the reactions described in equations 1 through 4, as they occur in muscle, is shown below.’
- ‘A model can be developed as a diagrammatic representation of the generic or core competencies required for the company to create the ‘ideal employee’ or ideal set of employees.’
- ‘One would not suspect an engineering background behind his mature work; the only point at which it exerted some influence was in his careful and expert draughtsmanship and his preference for diagrammatic representation.’
- ‘What took decades of research to discover can now be illustrated and understood from a simple diagrammatic illustration of DNA and the way it is translated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.