Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of or in the form of a diagram.‘a diagrammatic representation of the system’
graphic, graphical, tabular, pictorial, delineative, illustrative, representational, representative, schematicView synonyms
- ‘A diagrammatic illustration of the reactions described in equations 1 through 4, as they occur in muscle, is shown below.’
- ‘Venn extended Boole's mathematical logic and is best known to mathematicians and logicians for his diagrammatic way of representing sets, and their unions and intersections.’
- ‘What took decades of research to discover can now be illustrated and understood from a simple diagrammatic illustration of DNA and the way it is translated.’
- ‘One would not suspect an engineering background behind his mature work; the only point at which it exerted some influence was in his careful and expert draughtsmanship and his preference for diagrammatic representation.’
- ‘A model can be developed as a diagrammatic representation of the generic or core competencies required for the company to create the ‘ideal employee’ or ideal set of employees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.