One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or in the form of a diagram.‘a diagrammatic representation of the system’
graphic, graphical, tabular, pictorial, delineative, illustrative, representational, representative, schematicView synonyms
- ‘A diagrammatic illustration of the reactions described in equations 1 through 4, as they occur in muscle, is shown below.’
- ‘What took decades of research to discover can now be illustrated and understood from a simple diagrammatic illustration of DNA and the way it is translated.’
- ‘Venn extended Boole's mathematical logic and is best known to mathematicians and logicians for his diagrammatic way of representing sets, and their unions and intersections.’
- ‘One would not suspect an engineering background behind his mature work; the only point at which it exerted some influence was in his careful and expert draughtsmanship and his preference for diagrammatic representation.’
- ‘A model can be developed as a diagrammatic representation of the generic or core competencies required for the company to create the ‘ideal employee’ or ideal set of employees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.