One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The physical and chemical changes occurring during the conversion of sediment to sedimentary rock.
- ‘This article is geared primarily to individuals, students as well as professionals, who are relatively new to carbonate diagenesis and petroleum reservoir rocks.’
- ‘These processes, collectively termed sedimentary diagenesis, occur through interactions between sediment grains and the waters in contact with them.’
- ‘The free carbonate fraction is dominated by calcite that probably precipitated during early diagenesis, in contact with diagenetic pore water.’
- ‘This writer has found that many investigations of burial diagenesis, whether of carbonates or of clastics, proceed in six steps that roughly correspond to those in the top half of Figure 15.’
- ‘Comparisons with the potential source rocks of these sediments suggest little alteration during sediment transport and diagenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.