One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The manipulation by diabetic patients of insulin treatments in order to lose weight.
- ‘I've been admitted for ketoacidosis twice in the past year because I suffer from diabulimia.’
- ‘I am 20 yrs old and think I have diabulimia.’
- ‘A dangerous disorder that can cause life-altering complications, diabulimia is a specific eating disorder that only affects people with type 1 diabetes.’
- ‘Christina has had diabulimia for several years and she shares her story about how she went from obsessing over her insulin intake to fighting back and bringing awareness of this subject to others.’
- ‘The new word diabulimia (loss of weight by a diabetic skipping insulin doses) describes yet another form of eating disorder.’
From diabetes + bulimia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.