One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The manipulation by diabetic patients of insulin treatments in order to lose weight.
- ‘I am 20 yrs old and think I have diabulimia.’
- ‘I've been admitted for ketoacidosis twice in the past year because I suffer from diabulimia.’
- ‘A dangerous disorder that can cause life-altering complications, diabulimia is a specific eating disorder that only affects people with type 1 diabetes.’
- ‘The new word diabulimia (loss of weight by a diabetic skipping insulin doses) describes yet another form of eating disorder.’
- ‘Christina has had diabulimia for several years and she shares her story about how she went from obsessing over her insulin intake to fighting back and bringing awareness of this subject to others.’
From diabetes + bulimia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.