One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Itching inflammation of the skin, especially in the groin region, suffered particularly in the tropics and typically caused by certain types of ringworm infection or by allergic dermatitis.
- ‘Usually only a mild inflammatory condition, but very persistent, these infections can include ringworm, ringworm of the scalp, athlete's foot and jock / dhobi itch.’
- ‘This irritation, when coupled with a fungus infection in the groin region, is known as jock strap itch, or dhobie itch, and is technically named tinea-cruris.’
- ‘Life in Sierra Leone was good, that is if you ignore the mosquitoes, malaria, dhobi itch, prickly heat, jigger fleas, tomba flies and being permanently soaked in sweat.’
- ‘Various symptoms of malaria kept on cropping up and I was in constant pain with pityriasis versicolor, which is a form of the so-called dhobi itch (a dhobi is a laundryman).’
- ‘Lamisil AT Cream is an antifungal cream for the treatment of athlete's foot, dhobie itch and ringworm.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.