One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian dish of meat or vegetables cooked with lentils and cilantro.‘chicken dhansak’
- ‘Just when you think you couldn't possibly see another choice, a new page opens up in the menu, hitting you with dhansak, dupiaza, madras and vindaloo.’
- ‘Fresh Bombay duck in Britannia & Co, an old Parsee restaurant near the docks, is soft and floppy unlike the dried up, salty stuff I remember chewing as a child and the mutton dhansak turns out to be goat.’
- ‘And we're not just talking about dhansak, that famous Parsi preparation of brown rice and dal cooked with mutton and served with kachumber (a kind of salad).’
- ‘On days of celebration there are foods such as dhansak, patrani macchi, sali murghi and meat pullao, which have been handed down for generations.’
- ‘The most famous Parsi meat dish is dhansak, for which the meat is cooked with lentils, other legumes, and vegetables such as spinach, aubergine, and pumpkin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.