One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of corrosion and weakening of brass objects in which zinc is dissolved out of the brass alloy.
- ‘Alloys above 15% Zn need a stress-relieving heat treatment to avoid stress corrosion and, under certain conditions, can be susceptible to dezincification.’
- ‘The material will obtain a deep dezincification, since the dezincification will follow the long beta-phase bands.’
- ‘Alpha-brass strip is not usually arsenical since it is mostly used in situations where dezincification does not occur or is not significant.’
- ‘Tin additions significantly increase the corrosion resistance of some brasses, especially resistance to dezincification.’
- ‘It was determined that the brasses with high zinc content were the ones that suffered dezincification when exposed to aggressive water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.