One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of corrosion and weakening of brass objects in which zinc is dissolved out of the brass alloy.
- ‘Alloys above 15% Zn need a stress-relieving heat treatment to avoid stress corrosion and, under certain conditions, can be susceptible to dezincification.’
- ‘Alpha-brass strip is not usually arsenical since it is mostly used in situations where dezincification does not occur or is not significant.’
- ‘It was determined that the brasses with high zinc content were the ones that suffered dezincification when exposed to aggressive water.’
- ‘Tin additions significantly increase the corrosion resistance of some brasses, especially resistance to dezincification.’
- ‘The material will obtain a deep dezincification, since the dezincification will follow the long beta-phase bands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.