One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clockwise rotation of the trend of volcanic ridges is associated with dextrally offset, sinistrally slipping transforms, while anticlockwise rotation is associated with sinistrally offset, dextrally slipping transforms.’
- ‘The outer shell surface of both sinistrally coiled species of Crassimarginata is ornamented by distinct costae, but the dextrally coiled shells of Yukonoconcha seem to be smooth.’
- ‘Thus, the gerontic aperture of these dextrally coiled shells is situated on the left side in apertural view.’
- ‘Both species described here are sinistrally coiled, but a similar pattern of ornamentation is present on two Pennsylvanian species that are dextrally coiled.’
- ‘Similar to all Porcellioidea, the shell axes of the dextrally coiled early shell and teleoconch are parallel (anastrophy).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.