One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treat (an animal) to free it of worms.
- ‘And while the kittens have been vaccinated, spayed or neutered, dewormed, microchipped and tattooed and are ready for their new homes, none are forthcoming.’
- ‘Government should provide funds and maintain regular supply of quality Iron Folic tablets and deworming tablets.’
- ‘All heifers received routine health management, which included deworming and vaccination for clostridial and respiratory diseases, pasturella, leptospirosis, and vibriosis.’
- ‘Donkeys and mules need to be dewormed regularly, so check with your veterinarian to set up a schedule.’
- ‘Children who live in underdeveloped areas of the world may be prescribed a preventive deworming medication.’
- ‘Access to good quality water is critical, and deworming programs are essential.’
- ‘The horses were vaccinated and dewormed as routine for Central Texas and received routine hoof care.’
- ‘The children's queue had three stations, starting with a standard dose of deworming medication that staffers popped into each willing mouth.’
- ‘Young pigs should be dewormed one to two weeks postweaning and again three to six weeks later to remove the adult parasites that were eggs at the first deworming.’
- ‘Pastoralists bring their huge herds of cows and sheep and goats for deworming by military veterinarians.’
- ‘To achieve this, WHO has developed a broad partnership that promotes the incorporation of deworming into existing institutions and programmes, for both the education and health sectors.’
- ‘Both daily dewormers and regularly scheduled deworming have been proven to prevent colic caused by an unusually large worm burden.’
- ‘In addition, the cattle were dewormed with moxidectin (Cydectin; Ft. Dodge Animal Health).’
- ‘In addition, results from a less intensively managed group of mares not receiving routine deworming would be useful.’
- ‘School-based deworming programmes improve school enrollment rates for girls, along with drop-out and retention rates.’
- ‘At this time, controls were dewormed with oxibendazole (Anthelcide EQ; Pfizer Animal Health, Exton, PA) at 10 mg/kg of BW.’
- ‘All animals were dewormed with an oral treatment of albendazole and were divided into three groups of 6 animals each.’
- ‘You can prevent your child from becoming reinfected by deworming your pets and by keeping your child away from areas where pets defecate.’
- ‘Whether you deworm yourself, or have your veterinarian do it for you, always keep a record of the horse, the deworming agent used, and the date.’
- ‘Also, prior to deworming again I would suggest a fecal exam to check to see what type of parasites the filly has and the amount.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.