One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treat (an animal) to free it of worms.
- ‘The horses were vaccinated and dewormed as routine for Central Texas and received routine hoof care.’
- ‘In addition, the cattle were dewormed with moxidectin (Cydectin; Ft. Dodge Animal Health).’
- ‘The children's queue had three stations, starting with a standard dose of deworming medication that staffers popped into each willing mouth.’
- ‘All animals were dewormed with an oral treatment of albendazole and were divided into three groups of 6 animals each.’
- ‘Government should provide funds and maintain regular supply of quality Iron Folic tablets and deworming tablets.’
- ‘And while the kittens have been vaccinated, spayed or neutered, dewormed, microchipped and tattooed and are ready for their new homes, none are forthcoming.’
- ‘Whether you deworm yourself, or have your veterinarian do it for you, always keep a record of the horse, the deworming agent used, and the date.’
- ‘Both daily dewormers and regularly scheduled deworming have been proven to prevent colic caused by an unusually large worm burden.’
- ‘At this time, controls were dewormed with oxibendazole (Anthelcide EQ; Pfizer Animal Health, Exton, PA) at 10 mg/kg of BW.’
- ‘You can prevent your child from becoming reinfected by deworming your pets and by keeping your child away from areas where pets defecate.’
- ‘School-based deworming programmes improve school enrollment rates for girls, along with drop-out and retention rates.’
- ‘To achieve this, WHO has developed a broad partnership that promotes the incorporation of deworming into existing institutions and programmes, for both the education and health sectors.’
- ‘Children who live in underdeveloped areas of the world may be prescribed a preventive deworming medication.’
- ‘All heifers received routine health management, which included deworming and vaccination for clostridial and respiratory diseases, pasturella, leptospirosis, and vibriosis.’
- ‘Also, prior to deworming again I would suggest a fecal exam to check to see what type of parasites the filly has and the amount.’
- ‘Young pigs should be dewormed one to two weeks postweaning and again three to six weeks later to remove the adult parasites that were eggs at the first deworming.’
- ‘Access to good quality water is critical, and deworming programs are essential.’
- ‘Donkeys and mules need to be dewormed regularly, so check with your veterinarian to set up a schedule.’
- ‘Pastoralists bring their huge herds of cows and sheep and goats for deworming by military veterinarians.’
- ‘In addition, results from a less intensively managed group of mares not receiving routine deworming would be useful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.