One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As one rabbi notes, once you see the sincerity and devoutness in a person, it's no longer possible to demonize and dehumanize their behaviour; you can only love and help.’
- ‘As best I can tell, the Boy Scouts are open to anyone who says they're religious, regardless of the religion, and regardless of the degree of devoutness.’
- ‘Such increased devoutness and the Huis' tendency to congregate in and around mosques have made them appear clannish to many Han Chinese, Mai said.’
- ‘The first part of the script - the so-called devoutness of the founders - is least relevant to the current debate over religion in government.’
- ‘Just thank who ever your flavour of devoutness may dictate you to thank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.