One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That only left time to visit the tearooms for a superb Devonshire cream tea, before the heavens opened again, and we made a dash for the car.’
- ‘In a large mixing bowl, stir the powdered sugar and vanilla extract into the Devonshire cream.’
- ‘It's one of the traditions in my department - we do tea at four in the afternoon with pastries and lots of Devonshire cream.’
- ‘Stuff the indignity of re-entering civilisation as a vegetable, I was thinking, take me to the nearest Devonshire cream tea.’
- ‘To make Devonshire cream you have to own a ‘house cow’ and break every food safety regulation going - only little people care about tuberculosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.