One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘High-viscosity silica gel produced by the hydration and devitrification of volcanic ashes can eventually concentrate in any open space, such as the cast of a limb.’
- ‘These structures may be evidence of early nucleation and devitrification (with corresponding vapor formation) that preceded that in the surrounding host rhyolite.’
- ‘It has been proposed that the latter formed either as residual gas bubbles in the rhyolite or from coalesced volatiles derived by the devitrification process in the still-hot lava.’
- ‘All melt inclusions and matrix glasses chosen were completely glassy, i.e. they had not undergone any devitrification and did not contain microlites or microphenocrysts.’
- ‘The presence of glass 4 billion years old on the Moon indicates that water is crucial to the rate of devitrification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.