A system of software and hardware designed to assist in the development of new software or products.
- ‘SGI has released the source code for its high-end Open Inventor 3D graphics object-oriented application development system to the Linux and open source communities.’
- ‘I wound up with all needed files on the DOS partition of my Linux development system.’
- ‘The Linux development system is not the problem; the vendor release schedule is the problem.’
- ‘The approach presented here differs; it does not target a RT controller based on a proprietary development system.’
- ‘With such a development system, the hope is that users can count on the usual stability associated with XFree 86.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.